Calendar of Events
- Annual fish and seafood fry will be held at the Catskill Elks Lodge, 45 North Jefferson Avenue in Catskill from 5-7:30 p.m. Eat in or take-out. Fish fry, fried shrimp baskets, and fried clam baskets are $11 each. Fried seafood platter of haddock, shrimp and clams is $14. Take-outs are 50 cents extra per meal. All dinners include your choice of fries or mac and cheese, coleslaw, tartar or cocktail sauce, and lemon. Held every Friday through April 19.
- A fish fry will be held at the Kiskatom Firehouse, 4838 Route 32 in Catskill from 5-7:30 p.m. Fish on a roll, clam roll, fries, coleslaw and chowder will be available. Eat in or take-out. Held every Friday through April 19.
- The musical Once upon a Mattress will be presented by the Coxsackie-Athens Drama Club in the Coxsackie-Athens High School Auditorium, 24 Sunset Boulevard in Coxsackie on Friday at 7 p.m. and Saturday at 2 and 7 p.m. $10 for adults, $5 for seniors and students
- Spring & Easter Rummage Sale at Medusa Church and Breakfast at the Medusa Firehouse from 7 -11 a.m.
- Cairo-Durham Little League will hold a nickel social at Resurrection Lutheran Church, 186 Main Street in Cairo. Doors open at 11:30 a.m., drawings start at 1 p.m. Please bring a nonperishable item to donate to the local food pantry.
- Friends of The Greenville Library will hold a used book sale from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. There is a large selection of children’s books and adult books, fiction and nonfiction in both hard cover and paperback. There is also a selection of Civil War and other history books available in this sale. Cost is $5 per bag of books. For information call 518-966-4832.
- Greenville Town Board meets 7 p.m. at town hall.
- Durham Town Board meets 7:30 p.m. at town hall.
- Westerlo Town Board workshop, 7 p.m. at town hall.
- The 4th annual Greene County Restaurant Week. Select restaurants throughout the county will be offering two-course lunch menus for $10-$15, and three-course dinner menus for $15-$25, beverage, tax and tip not included. Visit DineInGreene.com for participating restaurants and menus.
- Spring into Health at Conkling Hall in Rensselaerville. Health vendors, free raffles, workshops and demonstrations. Free and open to the public. Runs 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 8 Methodist Hill Road in Rensselaerville. Sponsored by the Rensselaerville, Berne and Middleburgh libraries.
- At 1 p.m. the Old Stone Fort in Schoharie will present “Native American Folklore” with Glenn Bentz. Interpretive Iroquois Historian Glen Bentz will tell and explain traditional Native American Folk tales in this engaging, entertaining and family friendly program. For more information call 518- 295-7192.
- Historical reenactor Maxine Getty will portray Major Julia Stimson, a descendant of Windham’s first settler, Henry Stimson, in a program on World War I Nurses at the Greene County Historical Society’s Vedder Research Library at the Bronck Museum, off Route 9W in Coxsackie at 2 p.m. Admission is free. Donations to the Beecher Scholarship would be appreciated.
- Author Chuck D’Imperio will discuss his new book Upstate Uncovered, focusing on overlooked and must-see New York State destinations, at the New York Power Authority’s Visitors Center, 1378 State Route 30 in North Blenheim at 2 p.m.
- Greene County rabies clinic for dogs, cats and ferrets at the Medway-Grapeville Firehouse from 6-8 p.m. For more information call 518-719-3600.
- Attention seniors! The Seniors Corps MLK Community Resource Day, provided by the Greene County Department of Human Services and RSVP Volunteer Program, will be held at the Robert C. Antonelli Center, 15 Academy Street in Catskill from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. Stop in to learn what area vendors can assist you with. Lots of great information and giveaways. Admission is free.
- A pasta dinner will be held at Brennan’s Schoolhouse Inn, Route 81 in Earlton from 3-8 p.m. The menu includes spaghetti with meatballs or sausage, salad and bread. $15 per person, $20 per couple, $8 for kids under 12. There will also be a DJ, 50/50, and Chinese auction. Proceeds will benefit Shannon McCusker to cover medical bills from a car accident. Call 518-567-1334 or 518-944-8648 to donate or for more information.
- Westerlo Fire Breakfast from 8-11 a.m. at the Modern Woodman’s Hall, 980 County Route 401, Westerlo. Menu items include pancakes, French toast, breakfast sandwiches, eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, fruit, cereal and more. Items are cooked to order. Cost is a donation. Call the morning of the breakfast with any questions at 518-797-3621.